- 1 Is The Boy in the Striped Pajamas book appropriate?
- 2 What book was Bruno reading in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?
- 3 What is the most important event in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?
- 4 What are 13 year olds reading?
- 5 What books should a 12 year old read?
- 6 What happened to Bruno’s father at the end?
- 7 What did Lt Kotler do Shmuel?
- 8 What did Lt Kotler do to the barking dog?
- 9 What was Bruno’s last question to Shmuel?
- 10 Who is responsible for Bruno’s death?
- 11 What is the irony in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?
- 12 How long should a 13 year old read daily?
- 13 Can a 13 year old read the fault in our stars?
- 14 Can a 13 year old read Harry Potter?
Is The Boy in the Striped Pajamas book appropriate?
Parents need to know that even though the main character in this book is 9 years old, this book is a better fit for kids in late middle school and up. The book focuses on complex emotional issues of evil and the Holocaust, and raises questions about the nature of man.
What book was Bruno reading in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?
In fact, he tells Bruno that his job is to get the boy’s head out of his “storybooks” (98). The fact that Bruno loves reading fiction and performing plays demonstrates his interest in being creative and imaginative.
What is the most important event in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?
In my mind, the most important event in the novel is the moment when both boys enter the gas chamber. It is significance for a variety of moments. The friendship between Bruno and Shmuel is at its apex at this moment. It shows how important both are to one another.
What are 13 year olds reading?
- The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani.
- Slider by Pete Hautman.
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton.
- The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge by M.T. Anderson and Eugene Yelchin.
- The Crystal Ribbon by Celeste Lim.
- Refugee by Alan Gratz.
- Mayday by Karen Harrington is a great book for 13 year olds.
What books should a 12 year old read?
Here are 25 great book ideas for 12-year-olds.
- The Night Diary. Heart-Wrenching.
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon. For Magic Lovers.
- Percy Jackson Series. An Addictive Supernatural Series.
- Up for Air. Perfect for Swimmers.
- Harry Potter Series. A Staple for All.
- The Science of Breakable Things.
- Mostly the Honest Truth.
- Track Series.
What happened to Bruno’s father at the end?
Bruno’s father is grief stricken at the end of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas when he reconstructs what must have happened to Bruno. He becomes depressed, and when he is disgraced and loses his position, he doesn’t care.
What did Lt Kotler do Shmuel?
Lieutenant Kotler brings Shmuel to Bruno’s house to polish the glasses as his fingers are small enough to do the job. 5. How does Bruno inadvertently get Shmuel into trouble?
What did Lt Kotler do to the barking dog?
What did Lt. Kotler do to the barking dog? He shot the dog. He put it in the basement.
What was Bruno’s last question to Shmuel?
28. If you were Shmuel, how would you answer Bruno’s last questions: “Why are there so many people on that side of the fence? And what are you all doing there?”
Who is responsible for Bruno’s death?
No one individual is completely responsible for Bruno’s death in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. However, his father, as commandant of Auschwitz, should take most of the blame.
What is the irony in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?
What is ironic about this statement is that Shmuel is the one who is a prisoner, not Bruno. Bruno is free to do anything he wants. Shmuel is the one who is “stuck” on his side of the fence. She may not be a child, but she still talks to dolls as if they were imaginary friends.
How long should a 13 year old read daily?
A beginning reader should spend at least 20 minutes a day reading to or with someone. The books read during this time should be relatively easy for your child. over again helps build fluency. Over time, you’ll notice that your child will stop less often to decode words.
Can a 13 year old read the fault in our stars?
The book may be too mature if your child is under age 13. Try these readalikes instead! John Green’s novel The Fault in Our Stars captured hearts, and was eventually made into a feature movie, too. The book’s themes and plot may be a bit too mature for your tween, though.
Can a 13 year old read Harry Potter?
7–9: A great age to begin (for younger kids, consider reading aloud together). Read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.