- 1 Where does the phrase the cats Pyjamas come from?
- 2 Is it the cat’s pajamas or the cats meow?
- 3 Does Cat’s pajamas spread?
- 4 How do you use cat’s pajamas in a sentence?
- 5 Why is it called bees knees?
- 6 What is cat’s meow plant?
- 7 What does the saying your the cats mean?
- 8 Do cats pajamas attract cats?
- 9 Is catmint the same as cats pajamas?
- 10 Is Cat’s Pajamas invasive?
- 11 Where do cat pajamas grow?
- 12 What’s the difference between pyjamas and pajamas?
Where does the phrase the cats Pyjamas come from?
“The cat’s pajamas” is first recorded in 1920 as part of the typical vocabulary of Jazz Age flappers and was soon popularized by cartoonist Tad Dorgan in his comic strip Indoor Sports.
Is it the cat’s pajamas or the cats meow?
—used to say that someone or something is very appealing I really like that car; it’s the cat’s meow. Going to the movies was the cat’s pajamas when I was a kid.
Does Cat’s pajamas spread?
It reaches a compact height of twelve to fourteen inches with a spread of eighteen to twenty inches. The size of the Cat’s Pajamas Catmint makes it perfect for almost any space. Use is as a border plant, in mass planting, edging, in containers.
How do you use cat’s pajamas in a sentence?
The Cat’s Pajamas in a Sentence
- When I introduced my great grandmother to the internet, she said it was the Cat’s Pajamas, which apparently means it’s awesome.
- If something is so amazing you can’t contain your excitement, you could say that it is the Cat’s Pajamas.
Why is it called bees knees?
The phrase ‘the bee’s knees’ was originally an 18th century fanciful phrase which referred to something that didn’t exist. It was used as the kind of spoof item apprentices would be sent to the stores to fetch – like tartan paint or a left-handed hammer. This meaning is no longer used.
What is cat’s meow plant?
The Cat’s Meow Catmint is a plant that is sure to thrive! It has a dense refined growing habit and it is covered with violet-blue blooms. It is a continuous bloomer with fragrant flowers and foliage. It produces dense, fragrant, violet blue blooms beginning in the early summer until fall.
What does the saying your the cats mean?
In the show when Barney, Andy’s deputy, really likes a girl he’ll say, “You’re the cats!” Meaning she’s really something!
Do cats pajamas attract cats?
Common Name: Catmint In addition to being a little over half the height, ‘Cats Pajamas’ also blooms about 2-3 weeks earlier than ‘Cat’s Meow’. When Nepeta’s stems are broken, they release an aroma into the air that tends to attract cats, thus its common name, Catmint.
Is catmint the same as cats pajamas?
‘Cat’s Pajamas’ will be the most well -behaved catmint you’ve ever seen. Its shape is like a blue bowling ball in the landscape—neatly rounded and covered top to bottom for most of the summer in bubbly blue blossoms. You’ll find that it starts blooming a bit earlier than most catmints, too.
Is Cat’s Pajamas invasive?
Nepeta ‘Cat’s Pajamas’ is a low maintenance perennial. It’s pest free, not browsed by animals, and is tolerant of drought and poor soil.
Where do cat pajamas grow?
Prefers full sun and average, well-drained soil of low to average moisture. Plants respond well to shearing to promote rebloom.
What’s the difference between pyjamas and pajamas?
Generally, ‘pajamas’ is the preferred spelling in American English, whereas ‘pyjamas’ is the more common spelling used in English through out the rest of the world.