- 1 Is it the cat’s pajamas or the cats meow?
- 2 Where does the expression the cat’s pajamas come from?
- 3 What does it mean to be the cat’s pajamas?
- 4 Does Cat’s pajamas attract cats?
- 5 Do cat’s pajamas spread?
- 6 How do you take care of a cat’s pajamas?
- 7 Why is it called bees knees?
- 8 What does the term she’s the cat’s mother mean?
- 9 How do you use cat’s pajamas in a sentence?
- 10 What does you’re the cats mean?
- 11 What’s the difference between Pyjamas and pajamas?
- 12 Is Cat’s Pajamas invasive?
- 13 Where do cat pajamas grow?
- 14 How do you stop catmint from spreading?
Is it the cat’s pajamas or the cats meow?
—used to say that someone or something is very appealing I really like that car; it’s the cat’s meow. Going to the movies was the cat’s pajamas when I was a kid.
Where does the expression the cat’s pajamas come from?
American cartoonist Thomas Aloysius “Tad” Dorgan is often credited with coining this colorful phrase, which is used to refer to someone or something wonderful or remarkable. It is one of a handful of slang expressions to emerge in the early to mid-1920s featuring animals.
What does it mean to be the cat’s pajamas?
informal + old-fashioned.: a highly admired or exceptionally excellent person or thing He’s the cat’s pajamas, I couldn’t love, respect, admire, and enjoy that individual more than I do.—
Does Cat’s pajamas attract cats?
Try this shorter stature plant in city gardens or near the front of the border. When Nepeta’s stems are broken, they release an aroma into the air that tends to attract cats, thus its common name, Catmint.
Do cat’s pajamas spread?
‘Cat’s Pajamas’ is a very durable perennial that can be planted in either spring or fall. If the roots are densely circled around when you take the plant out of the pot, loosen them up a bit to break the “root memory”. This will encourage them to grow outward instead of continuing to grow in a circular pattern.
How do you take care of a cat’s pajamas?
Cat’s Pajamas Catmint Care Plan in full sun to ensure it receives at least six hours of sun each day. Soil should be well-drained with low to medium moisture. It tolerates all soil types and isn’t picky about Ph. Water needs for the Cat’s Pajamas Catmint are low.
Why is it called bees knees?
The phrase ‘the bee’s knees’ was originally an 18th century fanciful phrase which referred to something that didn’t exist. It was used as the kind of spoof item apprentices would be sent to the stores to fetch – like tartan paint or a left-handed hammer. This meaning is no longer used.
What does the term she’s the cat’s mother mean?
(idiomatic, somewhat dated, Britain, New England) A rebuke especially directed towards children for having referred to a woman as “she”, instead of using her name or an appropriately respectful title.
How do you use cat’s pajamas in a sentence?
The Cat’s Pajamas in a Sentence
- When I introduced my great grandmother to the internet, she said it was the Cat’s Pajamas, which apparently means it’s awesome.
- If something is so amazing you can’t contain your excitement, you could say that it is the Cat’s Pajamas.
What does you’re the cats mean?
In the show when Barney, Andy’s deputy, really likes a girl he’ll say, “You’re the cats!” Meaning she’s really something!
What’s the difference between Pyjamas and pajamas?
Generally, ‘pajamas’ is the preferred spelling in American English, whereas ‘pyjamas’ is the more common spelling used in English through out the rest of the world.
Is Cat’s Pajamas invasive?
Nepeta ‘Cat’s Pajamas’ is a low maintenance perennial. It’s pest free, not browsed by animals, and is tolerant of drought and poor soil.
Where do cat pajamas grow?
Prefers full sun and average, well-drained soil of low to average moisture. Plants respond well to shearing to promote rebloom.
How do you stop catmint from spreading?
To keep catmint vigorous, divide it every three to four years in either spring or early fall. Keep it well watered the first growing season until the plants become established. Some cultivars of catmint can grow quite large.